Saturday, April 25, 2015
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
At the Orphaned Wildlife Rescue Center/Chesapeake Wildlife Education Center
12199 Bonanza Trail, Lusby, MD 20657
Credit: 6 CEU’s MD/DNR
This course will address basic assessment stabilization and transport procedures for common bird and mammal emergencies such as shock therapy, stabilization of broken bones, acute bleeding, fluid therapy, hypothermia, burns, head trauma, and toxic poisoning. Classes are only offered to DNR field officers, veterinarians, vet techs, licensed and intern wildlife rehabilitators.
• Lunch; please bring your own. Refreshments will be provided.
• Wear comfortable clothing as this is a hands-on class.
• Please bring paper and a writing utensil.
• Each person will be expected to test out on all hands on procedures; therefore, the class may run overtime.
• Please register by calling OWRC at 410-326-0937; ask for Ron or Jennifer.
• Seating is limited to 25 people, we recommend registering as soon as possible.
• $35 non-refundable registration fee is required in advance to secure a seat. Because classes fill quickly there will be no registrations at the door.
• Coursework has been written by Ron Wexler, updated by Larry Richmond DVM, and edited by Sue McDonough DVM.
This class is DNR and Maryland veterinary board state certified for 6 CEU’s.